Genital Warts or Cauliflower is a common sexually transmitted infection, even more prevalent than gonorrhea and syphilis, and can be called genital warts, anogenital warts, genital warts, or genital warts depending on the site of infection. In addition, it is also classified by appearance. The nouns used in different parts of the Chinese language are different. Taiwanese medical circles often use condyloma acuminatum, Chinese medical circles often use condyloma acuminatum, and others are also called condyloma acuminatum.
The cause of cauliflower is caused by human papilloma virus (Human Papilloma Virus, referred to as HPV) infection. At first, it is only a small protrusion of flat skin, which may not be detected by the naked eye. At this time, it is easy to be detected. neglected by the patient. Then these small warts grow one or a bunch of granulation buds in the anus or male and female genitalia. These granulation buds will be noticed by the patient when they accumulate in the shape of cauliflower. The Hookean pronunciation is called cauliflower, so named. The tricky part about cauliflower treatment is that it has a high recurrence rate, and the human papilloma virus increases the chance of penile cancer in men and cervical cancer in women.
Common treatment methods: drugs, electrocautery, and surgery, electrocautery and surgery are usually used when the lesions are large, numerous, or the condition is more serious. Predisposed groups have multiple sexual partners, unsafe sex, sharing needles, toothbrushes, and other personal utensils and new mothers infected with cauliflower. After treatment, you should also pay attention to your own body immunity and practice safe sex to avoid re-infection with human papillomavirus (HPV).
- Male external genitalia: glans, foreskin, penis, and female external genitalia: Flesh-colored or gray-white flat protrusions grow on the labia major and minor, which are inconspicuous at first and painless, so they are easily overlooked by patients. Physicians may use genital warts or genital warts to illustrate. Then small warts will accumulate into a flower-like shape, which will be more obvious at this time. In a small number of patients, cauliflower will grow in the urethra of men and the vagina and cervix of women. Generally speaking, it is easy to find in wet places.
- If you use oral or anal sex, cauliflower may grow in the mouth and anus, but generally speaking, the human papilloma virus that produces cauliflower does not infect ordinary skin, only mucosal tissue.
- Other accompanying symptoms: Sometimes it can cause problems such as painful intercourse, genital itching, and redness and swelling of the genitals.
Common Causes of Cauliflower
Cauliflower is a sexually transmitted disease caused by a common virus. The pathogen is human papillomavirus (HPV). The infection routes are as follows:
- All kinds of sexual behaviors: The main route of transmission of cauliflower is sexual behavior, including various sexual behaviors (such as: anal sex and oral sex, etc., obtained through oral sex is relatively rare), regardless of gender orientation, as long as unsafe sexual behaviors, will increase the risk of disease. risk. If you touch the lesions (wart-like tissue) during sex, you will increase the chance of infection. It is important to note that condom coverage does not completely prevent all skin contact, which also makes prevention difficult.
- Vertical transmission: This infection is not common. If the mother is infected with cauliflower, the child is also at risk of infection when passing through the birth canal and amniotic fluid. The lesions often appear near the throat of the newborn, also known as neonatal throat cauliflower (recurrent respiratory tract). Papilloma), newborns are often discovered by their parents when they have a hoarse voice, and the treatment is more difficult, and very few cases can threaten the life of the child in severe cases.
- Indirect transmission: Adults are more commonly infected by sharing sex toys, and in rare cases, children are infected by sharing bath towels, underwear, or swimwear. In the past, it was believed that adults may be transmitted through towels, tableware, cups, or toilet seats. Now the medical community currently thinks that such infections are unlikely because human papillomavirus (HPV) mainly infects mucosal cells and is difficult to penetrate the skin. Cells cause infection, and even kissing is not considered a possible route of infection.
Treatment of cauliflower
Genital warts are incurable, but they can be controlled with treatment. Treatments for genital warts may include chemical cryotherapy, cautery, or laser therapy. Patients can apply topical medicines prescribed by their doctor to the affected area to reduce the size and number of warts.
- Drug treatment: Common drugs used to treat cauliflower include podophyllotoxin tincture or trichloro acetate. Generally, cauliflower is to clear the lesions first. If you want to recover, it is easy to depend on your own immunity.
- Electrocautery treatment: It is usually used when the number of lesions is large or the lesions are very large, or when the previous treatment is not good, and before the treatment can be started anesthesia is required.
- Surgical treatment: Surgery is usually performed only when the condition is extremely severe, removing a severely infected area.
If you find genital warts, you should seek medical attention immediately.