There are elements in your blood like cholesterol and fibrinogen that act like a window to your heart health. Using a blood test to understand the risk of your coronary artery disease is a proactive approach to a healthy heart. Work with your Healthcare provider to understand the results and determine the best next steps. Read on to know why you should get a blood test done at the best pathology lab in Jalandhar.
How does a blood test get used to determine the risk of heart disease?
Your Healthcare provider can order urine and blood test to determine the risk of your heart and blood vessel disease. In some tests, higher levels of low-density lipoprotein and high-density lipoprotein can indicate a higher risk of heart disease. The test result and your health story will help your healthcare team create the best care and plan for you. read also about : Cervical Clamp
When do you need to get your blood test to determine the heart disease risk?
Your Healthcare provider may ask for a blood test to determine the risk of heart disease, like coronary artery disease if you have the following. Have an unhealthy diet.
- Have a family record of coronary artery ailment.
- You have obesity or excess weight.
- You don’t get enough physical activity.
- You smoke or use tobacco.
- You have other comorbidities or conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, and prior Heart Attack and stroke.
These are the reasons why you should get a blood test done at the best pathology lab in Jalandhar.
Who performs the blood test?
A Healthcare expert called a phlebotomist or phlebotomy technician performs the blood test at the Assure path labs all test. A medical lab expert will run the blood samples using a machine that determines the result.
What part of the blood test finds heart disease risk?
When detecting heart disease risk, Health Care providers pay close attention to the following.
- Triglycerides: Triglycerides get related to heart and blood vessel disease. Eating simple sugar and simple carbohydrate, a high-fat diet, and drinking alcohol can cause high triglyceride levels. Exercise can help you lower the levels.
- Complete blood count: The test can provide information about different parts of your blood. Assure path labs all tests can also detect anemia and low blood cell count.
- Total cholesterol: Total cholesterol gets linked with the heart and blood vessel disease risk.
High levels of lipoprotein tend to run in families. Your provider can order these if you have a family history of heart disease at an early age.
For the blood test, how should I get ready?
Ask your doctor if you need to cease taking any drugs, vitamins, or supplements before the blood is drawn. A blood test’s outcomes can occasionally be impacted by specific drugs. Be sure to consult your doctor before quitting any medicine. Before a blood test at the best pathology lab in Jalandhar, you might need to stop eating and drinking (fast). If you should fast before the test, ask your doctor in advance.