“Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.” Aren’t you pretty familiar with this adage? But, do we really ponder over the wisdom behind it? The importance of a healthy sleeping routine is what it signifies. Unfortunately, sleep does not come easily to everyone, and not without reason. Work schedules, sleep disorders, and the fast-paced lifestyle of the 21st Century are some of the reasons that lead to this problem.
There are many people all over the world of all ages and socio-economic classes who are affected by sleep-related problems. There is a big part of the population who only relies on prescription sleeping aids for treating sleep disorders. But the only problem is that these prescription sleeping drugs can cause side effects that can be either minor or extreme.
On top of that, most of these drugs do not take into care the individual requirements of the body and are standardized. But, here is some good news for you. There is a safe, natural, and healthy alternative to tackling various sleep-related problems, and that is Ayurvedic Treatment for Insomnia.
The concept of Bahu Kalpa- the best-known Ayurvedic Treatment for Insomnia
When it comes to the use of Ayurvedic herbs for sleep disorders, the concept of Bahu Kalpa, one of the best-known Ayurvedic Treatment for Insomnia, becomes pretty crucial. It entails the employment of various methods and mediums in order to effectively address the underlying issues that lead to sleep troubles. It involves the utilization of multiple formations, and that includes the following:
- Powder- Churna
- Fermented Drink- Arishta
- Concoction: Kashaya
- Oil- Thailam
This Ayurvedic Treatment for Insomnia is often recommended with other cleansing and rejuvenating external therapies, including
- Abhyanga Massage
- Shiro Dhara, where medicated oil is poured on the forehead.
- Swedhana, i.e, the sweating therapy
- Thailam, which involves the application of medicated oil on the bregma region.
We highly recommend these practices based on the needs, goals, and body composition of an individual which will help them achieve sound and restful sleep every night.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Sleep Disorders
We normally consider the state of Kapha Dosha while suggesting Nidrajanaka i.e., sleep-enhancing herbs. Here we will go through two best sleep-enhancing herbs:
- Ashwagandha: The benefits that Ashwagandha brings to the table are backed by Science and it is the Balya(Strengthening) and Rasayana ( Rejuvanative and Immunomodulatory) properties owing to which they are known to improve overall health. In a recent study, the effectiveness of Ashwagandha in coping with anxiety and sleep-related issues was also confirmed.
- Brahmi: This is native to the wetlands of Eastern and Southern India. It is the Soumya(cooling) property of this herb that makes it cool in nature. They play a significant role in calming emotional turbulence and that is what promotes restful sleep. Besides being used as an indispensable herb for Ayurvedic Treatment for Insomnia, it is also used to address digestion problems and that is something that enhances blood circulation in the body.
How to treat Hypertension naturally?
If you are looking for a very effective alternative system of medicine that is prevailing since ancient times, then it’s Ayurveda, which is having its origins in India. Are you on the hunt for natural ways to lower your blood pressure? Then Ayurvedic Treatment for Hypertension might just be the right way to go for you. Here we will be taking a look at some of the Ayurvedic approaches that can help you lower your blood pressure naturally. So, let’s start.
- Do Meditation: A crucial technique is to practice meditation. Meditation helps achieve good inner balance, alleviates stress, and also helps in hypertension management. Regular practice of meditation can help you with achieving good inner balance, alleviate stress, and also naturally lowers blood pressure. So, this is considered one of the easy yet highly effective strategies when it comes to Ayurvedic Treatment for Hypertension.
- Bank on Ayurvedic Herbs: Ayurveda offers you herbal solutions, which are mainly derived from natural sources. These are something that helps reduce blood pressure naturally. There are some Ayurvedic herbs that you can include in your culinary preparations, and in this way, they can become a part of your high-blood pressure diet effortlessly. Talking about some of the most effective ayurvedic herbs that help in the effective management of Hypertension, Jatanmansi, Arjuna, Amalaki, Brahmi, Triphala, Ajwain, Ashwagandha, and Shankapushpi occupy the position.
If you are working hard to overcome your insomnia disorder or restore your elevated blood pressure levels to normalcy naturally, then Ayurvedic Treatment for Insomnia or Ayurvedic Treatment for Hypertension can be a boon for you, to say the least.